In these difficult economic times, I would like to share a very fast, cheap, filling and wholesome recipe.
I don't want to steal the thunder from Erin O'Brien's in depth reporting of the Recession and her wonderful ideas for surviving it. I would just like to add my wife's humble recipe to the pile.
Mrs. Libre whipped up this dish, which I have lovingly named "White Trash Pie."
Ingredients: 1 pound ground beef, 1 can Manwich, 1 bag Tater Tots (generic is recommended), 1/4 loaf of Wonder Bread, and half a cup of cheddar (or govt.) cheese.
(Honestly, I don't make this part because I hate the smell of ground beef cooking)
- Brown Ground Beef
- Add can of Manwich according to directions
- Line bottom of pie tin with full slices of Wonder Bread to act as a crust
- Pour Sloppy Joe mixture into pie tin, so that it covers the Wonder Bread.
- Top the sloppy joe mix with tater tots forming a crust.
- Toss in a 400 degree preheated oven for about 30 min. (or until the tater tots are done)
- Sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese, so that it starts to melt.
- Retrieve a cold PBR from the ice box
- Invite the family to a quick and easy down-home meal