Wow, it's been half a year since I last posted. Whoops!
I've been scatterbrained for the last several days dealing with a new project that I'm helping out on, so I figured I'd try to clear my head a bit and jot down some things I've got planned for summer.
- I've gotten myself into restoring vintage Schwinn's. I've got to repaint and rebuild a 59 Panther for myself and then it's on to fixing up an old Grape Krate for my brother and a Little Lemon Peeler for my son.
- I'm going to be playing in a couple of golf outings this summer. I've been playing almost 20 years since my grandfather took me out to Ridgewood Golf Course for the first time. After getting out last weekend for the first time in about a year, I've come to the conclusion that I still pretty much suck.
The problem with my 50/50 ability in golf is that the teams that I joined have it in their heads that I'm a 'ringer'....it's kind of a joke, but I don't want to completely blow the perception, so I think I'm going to try to get to the range at least twice a week and hit a round at least once a week until these outings come and go.
- My fitness plan is to get my ass on one of my bikes and ride at least 10-15 miles a week and pick up the kettlebells again. I have such good intentions, but, lounging around is so much easier.
- I'm going to try to not worry about my job. It's hard to know what to worry about from one day to the next. I've seen so many people let go over the last several months, but there is still a lot of work to get done. I'm just not sure what decisions are going to be made, so I can't fret about where this is going to end up. Either, I'm going to be employed through next summer or I'm going to end up making videos about puppets and skeletons like Glittergirl.
- I'm going to take advantage of the outdoors this season. Our bikes are all tuned up and I picked up a trailer for my son, so I hope to get out on the trails a lot this year.
- Here's hoping this little bit of writing helped to break my writer's block, so I can finish writing a script for an application that I have yet to see :-)