Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wow, It's Been Awhile

I didn't realize how long it's actually been since I've posted last.

I've been super busy at work and at home. I haven't had much time to think about what I could write about, so, this thing has pretty much sat stagnant. I can't promise anything...it will probably remain untouched for another 2 weeks. At least until the end of the holiday.

I've been trying to redo some parts of the house and hopefully, everything is completed by the 4th. We've got family coming in town to visit and I'd like to have everything ready by then. That means a lot of late nights.

Our kitchen is almost re-done. I put up a few new coats of paint over the weekend, but I've still got to swap out all the hardware and replace a fan and chandelier.

Father's Day was nice. I got to spend the weekend all by myself. Now, that may seem sad, since it is only my 2nd Father's Day, but Mrs. Libre and I did that on purpose. Had she not packed up the boy for a few days, there would've been green Mojito Jr. footprints all over the house. I guess that's what 18 month olds do.

So, to save us all a bit of frustration, my Father's Day gift was to have the weekend to myself so I could bust my ass staying up 'til 3am each night patching, sanding, taping, and painting. But, it's worth it. Especially if we're going to be in this house for awhile. We might as well enjoy it.

Oh, and I did get a couple actual gifts, too. I got some cd's and a book by David Sedaris. In the words of my wife, "You can read the book when you have some spare time, oh, wait, yeah, hmmm. Well, you can return it for something else. And I got you a couple of cd's that are completely different from what you asked for, so, ummm, yeah, uhhh, here's the gift receipt. Happy Father's Day!"

(She got me Jason Mraz and Dr. John). Not so crazy about Jason Mraz, so that's going back. But, I love Dr. John. Unfortunately, this particular cd (when I sampled it on Amazon) garnered a "Meh." from me. So, those are both going back.

Luckily, I saw an article that Death Cab for Cutie just released an album last month. And, while painting, I was listening to Little Steven's Underground Garage in which he played a song off of Alejandro Escovedo's new disc.

I'll be heading to Border's to grab these 2 albums soon! Hopefully, I'll get some time to post about how they sound. Oh, and pictures of all the hard work I've put into the house. Those will go up when I get some time, too.

Now, it's back to work for me....

3 comments:

glittermom said...

Did you notice any new employees skulking around today? I hope you've brought in a new set of sea monkeys to avoid any questions about the demise...

Mojito Libre said...

Yeah, there was some lady walking around asking if the plants needed to be watered. She looked familiar, but I didn't want to bother her...she had a really goofy look on her face...

She's gonna have to face reality. The monkeys are gone. Gone, gone, gone.

glittermom said...

Peta will be contacting you shortly...and I advise you to stay away from that lady with the goofy look on her face...Shes in love...